Despite the relative safety of air travel, aviation accidents do occur. When planes or helicopters collide with other airborne objects or crash land, these accidents usually seriously injure or kill the passengers and crew members onboard. Sometimes, debris from the collision may also seriously injure bystanders on the ground.
Aviation accidents may occur for a number of reasons:
- the pilot committed an error during take-off, in-flight or while landing the plane,
- the air traffic controller guided two planes on a collision course,
- certain airline personnel failed to follow Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) procedures,
- the airline service personnel failed to maintain or properly service the plane,
- the measurement instruments did not display the correct speed, altitude and other data, and
- the airplane flew in unsafe weather conditions.
If you suffered an injury or lost a loved one in an aviation accident in the Dallas area, you should speak with an experienced lawyer who can explain your legal rights to you.
Please call Borchardt Law Firm at 817-529-2500 or contact us online for a free consultation.